How well do you know your WV State Parks?
You have fond memories of them as a kid. You visit them every year. They’re your escape when you need a break and a source of comfort when times are tough. We all have a favorite state park we love and adore. But how well do you know West Virginia’s state parks?
Test your knowledge with this ultimate trivia quiz. Challenge your friends or family and see who knows the most about state parks.
1. Which parks still use cabins, picnic shelters and other facilities built by the Civilian Conservation Corps?
B. Hawks Nest
D. All the above
2. Droop Mountain Battlefield is West Virginia’s oldest state park.
3. What was Tu-Endei-Wei State Park originally called?
A. Mothman Memorial State Park
B. Point Pleasant Battlefield State Park
C. Two Rivers State Park
4. The Glade Creek Grist Mill at Babcock State Park was built in the 1800s.
5. Which one of these parks or natural areas used to be part of the West Virginia State Parks system?
A. Dolly Sods Wilderness Area
C. Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
6. Which United States President is believed to have bathed in the mineral waters at what is now Berkeley Springs State Park?
A. Abraham Lincoln
B. Theodore Roosevelt
C. George Washington
7. The first West Virginia State Parks cabins were rented in 1937. Weekly rates for two occupants cost how much?
8. Which one of these popular recreation areas used to have a state park lodge?
A. Cheat Lake
B. New River Gorge
C. Summersville Lake
9. The West Virginia State Parks naturalist program was started in 1958 at Watoga.
10. How many people visit West Virginia’s state parks each year?
A. 1 million
B. 5 million
C. 7 million
D. 10 million
Think you know all the answers?