Elk Management Tours
After more than a 100-year absence from the Mountain State, elk are making a comeback in West Virginia and you have a chance to see these incredible animals up close in a natural habitat.
Back by popular demand, our elk tours are the best way to learn about the history of elk management in West Virginia and gain insight into what the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources is doing to make sure the growing elk herd thrives in its new home.
Tours start at Chief Logan Lodge and spots book up fast, so you’ll want to make a reservation as soon as possible. While there is no guarantee you will see or hear elk, park naturalist and tour leader Lauren Cole has made these tours a fun and enjoyable experience you don’t want to miss!
Book your tour and lodging package today!
Select a date below to book your tour
- Thursday, September 19 Evening – Sold out
- Saturday, September 21, Evening – Sold out
- Sunday, September 22, Evening – Sold out
- Thursday, September 26, Evening – Sold out
- Saturday, September 28, Evening – Sold out
- Thursday, October 3, Evening – Sold out
- Saturday, October 5, Evening – Sold out
- Sunday, October 6, Evening – Sold out
- Thursday, October 10, Evening – Sold out
- Saturday, October 12, Morning – Sold out
- Saturday, October 12, Evening – Sold out
- Sunday, October 13, Evening – Sold out
- Thursday, October 17, Evening – Sold out
- Saturday, October 19, Morning
- Saturday, October 19, Evening
- Sunday, October 20, Evening – Sold out
Times: Morning tours start at 5:30 a.m. | Evening tours start at 4 p.m.
Duration: Tours are approximately 4 hours and start and end at Chief Logan Lodge
Tour-only: $30 – includes transportation, express breakfast or afternoon snack, guide and support staff, interpretative presentation and a commemorative participation souvenir.
Tour and Stay: $150 – includes a lodge room, food gratuities and tour ticket
To book an Elk Management Tour package, be sure to search for a scheduled tour date listed above and select a lodging option to view available packages.
- Walking and hiking in rough terrain is expected, so participants must wear closed-toed, sturdy footwear and long pants are suggested.
- Tour for only ages 12 and up
- Participants are discouraged from use of scented products or bringing food or pets on the tour.