Closures and service changes due to COVID-19
Updated March 30, 2020
In response to the Coronavirus and to protect our visitors and staff, we have made the following closures and service changes:
- Park lodges, cabins and campgrounds are closed
- New camping reservations have been suspended through April 30
- To modify an existing reservation, call 1-833-WVPARKS
- Restrooms are closed
- Lodge services have been suspended
- Park restaurants have been closed and curbside and carryout services are not available
- Spa services at Berkeley Springs State Park have been suspended
- Nature centers and museums are closed
- The walkway to the falls at Blackwater Falls State Park and the overlook at Coopers Rock State Forest have been temporarily closed.
- Special events have been cancelled through April 30 or postponed to a later date. View our event calendar for more information
Day-use areas, including hiking and biking trails and fishing lakes, remain open for public use. Visitors are reminded to Leave No Trace by cleaning up their trash, waste and belongings before leaving a park or forest.
Safety remains the top priority for West Virginia’s state parks and forests. We have stepped up cleaning protocols, placed hand sanitizer throughout all facilities and are deep cleaning all facilities after use. We also are implementing all recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources to protect visitors and employees from COVID-19 and prevent its spread.
For the most up-to-date information, utilize the following resources: