Farm-to-Table dinners return to West Virginia state parks this summer
W.Va. — West Virginia state parks are cooking up a second helping of
Farm-to-Table meals this summer. This is the second year that state parks
are partnering with the West Virginia Department of Agriculture (WVDA) and the
West Virginia Farmers Market Association (WVFMA) to encourage the
use of locally grown produce.
“West Virginia state parks are proud to take part in this project to promote locally produced food items in our restaurants,” said WVDNR Director Stephen McDaniel. “Our staffs work hard to make this a summertime treat for our visitors and give them another reason to spend more time in our beautiful state parks.”
Reservations are being taken now for these Farm-to-Table dinners.
- Pipestem Resort State Park, “Pick ‘n’ Pull” – June 15
- Holly River State Park – July 25
- Twin Falls Resort State Park, “Pioneer Farm Traditional” – Aug. 16
- Hawks Nest State Park, “A Taste of Hawks Nest” – Aug. 17
- North Bend State Park – Aug. 22
- Chief Logan Lodge, “Hoe-Down” – Aug. 23
- Cass Scenic Railroad State Park – Aug. 29
- Cacapon Resort State Park, The Old Inn, “Family Style” – Sept. 10
- Canaan Valley Resort State Park, with Blackwater Falls State Park -Sept. 12
“This was an extremely popular event last year,” said Paul Redford, district administrator for West Virginia State Parks. “We’ve already had calls from people who attended last year’s dinners who want to buy tickets for this summer. They don’t care about the price or the menus, which are still being put together. They just want reservations!”
Seating is limited for these special meals. For more information or to reserve lodging to make the most of your dinner experience please visit wvstateparks.com.