Pipestem Resort State Park Summer Fun
There may still be a chill in the air, but that hasn’t stopped us from looking forward to a summer full of adventure at West Virginia’s state parks. If you’re ready for some fun in the sun, start planning a trip to Pipestem Resort State Parks, where you can enjoy hours of zipline thrills and good times at the adventure lake and splash park. Here’s everything you need to know.
Pipestem Peaks Zipline
Experience the thrill of soaring through the Bluestone River Gorge on the Pipestem Peaks Zipline. This canopy tour features panoramic views of lush forest and a rushing river that will satisfy the adventure seeker and nature lover in all.
- Pipestem Peaks Zipline Tour consists of nine zips, one cable bridge and one belay.
- The longest zip is 1,600 feet. Speeds reach 50 mph. The highest point in the trip is 350 feet off the ground.
- Tours depart every half hour from the Canyon Rim Center and usually last four hours.
- Tours finish at the Mountain Creek Lodge, at the bottom of the Bluestone River Gorge, where guests can purchase food and drinks before riding the aerial tramway back up the canyon.
- Tours continue, in rain or cold, as scheduled unless notified otherwise.
- All guests must be at least 10 years of age and 90-250 pounds. Riding while pregnant is not permitted.
- Tours are limited to eight guests or fewer. Each tour includes two professional guides to help you every step of the way.
Zipline season runs from May 15 until October 30. Booking can be done up to the day before, but advance reservations are recommended. Tours are offered during four time slots (9 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.), but the zipline is closed for maintenance during morning sessions on Tuesday and Thursday. The zipline is closed for one full day for tram maintenance on June 15, July 13 and August 10.
Adventure Lake and Splash Park
Looking for something the whole family can enjoy? Bring the kids and let them run at the Pipestem Resort Adventure Lake. Climb giant inflatable mountains, slides, trampolines and jump into the lake. It will feel like a tropical getaway, right in our #AlmostHeaven backyard.
The little ones can enjoy our new Splash Park and kids’ zone with 18 splash features. Spray your friends, slide, and run around through numerous spraying flowers, circles, and animals. Don’t forget to beware of the dumping buckets! Parents can witness the wonderment and joy of little ones experiencing the water features. When you get tired, no worries! Take a break and sit in a lounge chair on our concrete pool deck and after a quick rest, you will be back soaking up the fun.
Splash season runs from May 22 until Sept. 6. Booking can be done up until the day before your visit. There are three tickets: AM Session, PM Session and Full Day Sessions. There is a capacity limit for each session, so be sure to secure your date soon. Book your summer fun adventures today!Book Now