Your guide to summer adventures at Pipestem Resort
Summer break may still be a few weeks away, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start planning a summer full of adventure at West Virginia’s state parks. If you’re ready for some fun in the sun, start planning a trip to Pipestem Resort State Parks, where you can enjoy hours of zipline thrills and good times at the adventure lake, splash park and adventure zone. Here’s everything you need to know.
Pipestem Peaks Zipline
Experience the thrill of soaring through the Bluestone River Gorge on the Pipestem Peaks Zipline. This canopy tour features panoramic views of lush forest and a rushing river that will satisfy the adventure seeker and nature lover in all.
- Pipestem Peaks Zipline Tour consists of nine zips, one cable bridge and one belay.
- The longest zip is 1,600 feet. Speeds reach 50 mph. The highest point in the trip is 350 feet off the ground.
- Tours depart every half hour from the Canyon Rim Center and usually last four hours.
- Tours finish at the Mountain Creek Lodge, at the bottom of the Bluestone River Gorge, where guests can purchase food and drinks before riding the aerial tramway back up the canyon.
- Tours continue, in rain or cold, as scheduled unless notified otherwise.
- All guests must be at least 10 years of age and 90-250 pounds. Riding while pregnant is not permitted. Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Tours are limited to eight guests. Each tour includes two professional guides to help you every step of the way.
The zipline opens for the 2022 season on May 13. Booking can be done up to the day before, but advance reservations are recommended. Tours are offered during four time slots 9 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. Tickets start at $99.
Adventure Lake and Splash Park
Looking for something the whole family can enjoy? Bring the kids and let them run at the Pipestem Resort Adventure Lake. Climb giant inflatable mountains, slides, trampolines and jump into the lake. The little ones can enjoy the Splash Park and kids’ zone, which has 18 splash features.
The Adventure Lake and Splash Park opens for the 2022 season on May 20. Booking can be done up until the day before your visit, but there is a capacity limit for each session so secure your date soon. There are three tickets: AM Session and PM Session ($15) and Full Day Session ($19).
The Pipestem Adventure Zone features an array of activities including axe throwing, 3D archery, miniature golf, disc golf, remote-controlled cars and trucks, drone flying, laser tag, skeet shooting and motor assisted mountain bikes. The best thing about the Adventure Zone is that you can enjoy one activity or buy a one-day pass and experience up to six activities in one day.
Individual activities cost $6-$50. A one-day pass costs $99. The Adventure Zone opens for the 2022 season on May 20 and activities are available from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Book your summer fun adventures today!Book Now