Blackwater Falls Sled Run
Experience the thrill of racing down more than a quarter mile of fresh mountain snow on the sled run at Blackwater Falls State Park. The longest sled run on the East Coast, the sled run at Blackwater Falls State Park is a must-do every year. Create cherished memories and experience wintertime fun with friends and family at Blackwater Falls.
$26 weekends & holidays
children under 5 ride free with an adult
Dec. 19, 2019, to March 1, 2020
Closing date subject to weather
Thursday – Sunday
Dec. 24 through Jan. 5
Monday, Jan. 20
Monday, Feb. 17
10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 4 p.m.
7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays only
Skip the Line, Purchase OnlineBUY NOW
Stay & Play
Save 10% when you book your sledding session with a lodge or cabin stay.BOOK NOW
Sled Run Tips
- Tickets are valid for one two-hour session. The sled run closes for one hour between each session.
- To redeem an online purchase, simply print your email confirmation or save it to your smart phone and present it to receive a ticket.
- Same day tickets may not be purchased online or by phone, but a limited number may be available for walk-ins at the sled run.
- Guests are encouraged to arrive at least 20 minutes early to attend a safety briefing prior to the start of the session.
- Guests are encouraged to come dressed in proper winter weather gear. The sled run speeds down the hill, so make sure you are dressed for the crisp winter wind and snow.
Ride the Magic Carpet
The Blackwater Sled Run is more than a perfectly groomed hill. Half the fun is riding to the top on our conveyor belt, the Magic Carpet. Our Magic Carpet is the longest on the east coast and takes riders through a cozy wooded path to the top of the hill right in their sleds. Ride up and sled down – it’s fun both ways! Watch the time-lapse video of ride to the top to get an idea for what it’s like.
Equipment & Safety
- All guests need to do is come dressed warm and ready for the sled run! The park provides the sled and all necessary equipment.
- Children 8 years old and younger must ride with an adult. Age requirements may be raised depending on hill conditions at the time of the sled session.
- While we love our furry friends, pets are not allowed on the sled hill and must be kept on a leash while visiting the park.
- The sled run is a busy place during the winter, so make sure to keep the main areas clear to allow room for your fellow sledders gearing up for the ride.