West Virginia State Parks and Recreation Endowment Fund to host virtual meeting Sept. 2
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.VA. — The West Virginia State Parks and Recreation Endowment Fund will host a virtual meeting in South Charleston on Sept. 2 at 1 p.m. An agenda for the meeting can be found below.
- Call to Order
- Introduction of Board members and guests:
- Stephen McDaniel — WVDNR Director
- Jesse D. Anderson — State Forest Superintendent
- Greg Bray — President, WV State Parks Foundation
- Kenneth Caplinger — Represents a Camping State Park
- Maureen Conley — Represents a Cabin State Park
- Samuel England — Represents a Rail Trail
- Kelly Smith — State Park Superintendent
- Jonathan Summers — Represents a Lodge Park
- Brad Reed — WVDNR Chief of Parks
- Brian Bolyard — WVDNR Chief Fiscal Officer
- Debra Oliver — WVDNR Recording Secretary
- Kristi Frank — WVDNR Recording Secretary
- Sam Curia – Guest, WVDNR Deputy Director
- Brett McMillion – Guest, WVDNR Deputy Chief of Parks
- Approval of 4/26/2021 Meeting Minutes
- Financial Update
- Discussion: Should the fund establish officers?
- Which officer titles and their responsibilities
- Discussion and approval of the West Virginia State Parks and Recreation Endowment Fund: Strategic and Operational Plan 2021 including parameters on spending earnings.
- Discussion and approval of holding an Annual Meeting while the income accumulates enough to be distributed or expended.
- Director’s Comments
- Approval of next meeting proposed date and location (TBD)
Those who wish to listen to the virtual meeting by phone, should dial 1-443-914-2208 and enter 510 854 050# when prompted for a conference ID. A live stream of the meeting also will be posted to the West Virginia Department of Commerce’s YouTube channel and will be accessible on the WVDNR’s Facebook page.
About West Virginia State Parks
West Virginia’s state parks and forests are the vacation destination of choice for more than 7 million people each year. Made up of 35 parks, 9 forests and three rail trails, the West Virginia State Parks system provides endless opportunities for family fun and adventure. Make memories that last forever. Book your adventure at WVstateparks.com.
West Virginia State Parks is managed by the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, a division of the West Virginia Department of Commerce.