Outdoor Adventures at Cacapon Resort State Park
Looking for a rush of adrenaline with a scenic twist? Outdoor adventures and heart-pumping activities await for you at Cacapon Resort State Park. Enjoy the 18-hole disc golf course during your stay at Cacapon! And outdoor adventurers should try their hand at the Wobble Clays Shooting Range, which can be reserved.
Want to relax on the water? Find seasonal boating opportunities at the boat docks at the lower lake in Cacapon from Memorial Day to Labor Day. (Tuesday through Sunday 10:30 a.m- 5:30 p.m. Closed Mondays except on Holidays) Trek up to the observation deck on Cacapon Mountain for a unique opportunity to see views of West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Maryland all at once.
You can also get some target practice at the Wobble Clay Range. Sporting clays shooting is a form of competitive trap shooting where you aim at clay targets, making this a fun way to practice your shotgun accuracy. Pricing and other range information can be found below:
- Full Package: $32 per person (individuals using our equipment) Includes: gun, shells, 25 clay targets, ear/eye protection.
- Clay Only Package: $15 per person (individuals using their own guns and shells). Also includes 25 clay targets. Additional boxes of shells are available for $12.
- Weekly availability: Monday through Wednesday (appointment only)
- Thursday through Sunday availability: walk-in and appointment
- Summer availability (Memorial Day-Labor Day): 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Winter availability (Labor Day- Memorial Day): 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
*Reservations must be made by 11:00 p.m. on the prior day and can be made up to one month in advance. Walk-In availability subject to change. Check with the front desk for availability before arrival. Up to five guests can participate at a time across five stations. Special receipt for shooting range. 25 shots are allowed per person (25 clay pigeons). 5-12 gauge Beretta shotguns and 2-20 gauge youth shotguns. Discounts are not available.