Harvest Day at Cass Scenic Railroad
Harvest Day at Cass Scenic Railroad Historical State Park is from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. The day includes:
ON THE RIVERBANK BY THE PARKING LOT
- Apple Butter Making
- The Tim and Terry Duff Family will be demonstrating apple butter making. Available for sale. Come learn and turn.
- Nancy Rexroad and Fay McCarty
- Beautiful crochet, knit and other sewn items; gift sets, primitives and crafts.
- Frostmore Farms
- Our local Maple Syrup maker is showcasing maple syrup and other maple goodies from their farm in Frost, W.Va. Be sure to stop by.
- Ye Old Blacksmith Shoppe
- Blacksmithing demonstration
- McClaughlin Family Mums
- Various Colored Mums for sale by David McClaughlin
PARKING LOT BY HTE PAVILION
- Appalachian Mountain Man-Trailing and Rescue (AMMAR)
- Meet Sandy Weik at the end of the parking lot by the picnic pavilion and learn more about Search and Rescue (SAR) bloodhounds and rescue pets.
- Eight Rivers Amateur Radio Club (8RARC)
- Visit the mobile trailer and learn more about HAM radio setups and the club. Become a member.
- Harvest Campfire (7 p.m.)
- Fun at the fire pit behind the picnic pavilion. Marshmallows will be available. Free for all ages
IN THE COMPANY STORE OR OUT FRONT
- Ben Dickens, First Cass Superintendent
- Meet Ben Dickens. Get his autograph. Copies of his book on Cass and Alaska in the Company Store.
- Loarine Moore
- Dulcimer music and instruction. Listen to her play dulcimer and learn a little bit too. Appalachian music.
- West Virginia Operation Lifesaver Travel display truck and safety information.
- Learn about railroad safety for, cars, trucks and pedestrians. Look, Listen, Live!
BESIDE OR NEAR THE VISITORS CENTER
- Pumpkin Patch – Pumpkin Sale
- Purchase a pumpkin of your choice!
- Pumpkin Painting
- Paint that perfect you purchased at our free pumpkin painting station next to the pumpkin patch!
- Free Craft Activity for the Kids
- Programmer/Naturalist for Harvest or Nature related activities throughout the day. Free.
- Veronica Swink Crochet
- Afghans and Gifts Hand crocheted items. Lovely, lovely.
- Cynthia Gurreri
- Hand Made Pottery
LEATHERBARK FORD ARTISAN’S CO-OP GALLERY
- Artisan’s Co-op Gallery (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Features demonstrations and WV made crafts for purchase!
THE LAST RUN RESTAURANT
- Serving great home cooked food, desserts, and ice cream.
Saturday hours: 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Start Date: September 16, 2017
- End Date: September 16, 2017