- This event has passed.
Halloween in the Campground at Watoga State Park
October 27, 2017 @ 8:02 pm - 8:06 pm
Celebrate a spooky good time at Watoga State Park this Halloween weekend.
- 11 a.m. Bats! They’re a Good Thing.
- Come to Riverside Campground and learn about the only flying mammal found in West Virginia. Kids can also make a fun craft to show what they have learned about these nocturnal nightflyers
- 1 p.m. Pumpkin Decorating Contest
- Have some fun with art, and decorate your pumpkin in any style that you would like at Riverside Campground. Please bring your own pumpkin to either paint or carve, and we will provide the rest. We do ask for parents/guardians to assist children in any way possible as they need. Pumpkins can then be taken back to be used for the evening activities, if desired.
- 3 p.m. Halloween games
- Meet us in the campground as we play some games to get ready for the festivities of the evening including Candy-Corn Hole, Poke-A-Pumpkin, Ghost Bowling, and much more!
- 7 p.m. Trick-or-Trunk-or-Treat
- Open to any youth who would like to participate, and will also be part of the costume contest. All participants in the costume contest and campsite decorating contest will be judged at this time. Anyone who is not staying in the campground, but wishes to participate may do so. If you are planning to hand out candy, please arrive at Riverside Campground between 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Once there, you will be given instructions as to where to park. We look forward to everyone participating! Call Watoga State park for details.
- 9 p.m. A Halloween campfire program. Ghost Stories!
- What would Halloween be without being able to hear some spooky ghost stories? Bring a lawn chair, a blanket, or something else to sit on, and join us by the fire ring in the campground to listen to some ghost stories told by famed story tellers “Bugs” Stover and Cully McCurdy. Marshmallows will be provided for roasting as well.