- This event has passed.
Friday Activities at North Bend
June 21, 2018 @ 9:01 pm
The place to be for outdoor fun and nature is North Bend State Park. Schedules activities on Friday include:
- 9:30 a.m. Search for salamanders, some of the most primitive and fragile animals on the planet. See if you can find some of the local residents at North Bend as you join the park naturalist to search through their unique habitats! Meet at the Nature Center. (1 hour) YPP
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Come to the Nature Center and enjoy arts and crafts and a chance to meet some of our wildlife friends. Take a look around and marvel at the mysteries of nature.
- 2 p.m. Make your own silly putty in this fun and easy craft for all ages. Using household supplies you will be able to recreate the famous toy that has been a staple in Easter baskets and Christmas stockings for years! Meet in the Nature Center. (30 minutes)
- 3 p.m. Hike the Overlook Trail and learn about plants and wildlife along the way. The trail winds through a variety of habitats with great views and large sandstone outcrops in sections. Moderate terrain. We will meet at the trailhead, across from Cabin 8. (1.5 hours, 1.2 miles) YPP
- 6 p.m. Learn how to use a compass during this fun program. The next time you venture into the woods you can be sure to know how to get back to camp. Meet at the Nature Center. (1 hour) YPP
- 8:30 p.m. Hike the Extra Mile Trail at night and learn about the nocturnal world and how some animals are able to survive in the dark. Meet at the Nature Center. (1.5 hours) YPP