Friday Activities at Blackwater Falls
The Blackwater Falls Nature Center is open Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The following activities are planned:
- 9:30 a.m. Enjoy a morning stroll along Shay Trace Trail to Balanced Rock to Elakala Trail. Hike is about two miles and lasts about 70 minutes with short interpretive stops. Pet friendly walk.
- 11:30 a.m. Christmas Tin Punch Craft. Use nails to punch a design into a tin plate. Stencils or free-style design. Craft fee is $1.25
- 1 p.m. Learn about the animals that call West Virginia home. Can you identify scat and tracks? Make a plaster of Paris track to take home. Activity lasts about one hour. All ages welcome.
- 2:30 p.m. Paint a plaster of Paris. Craft fee varies, from 25 cents to $1.
- Start Date: December 8, 2017