Falls Paws at Blackwater
Paws at the Falls is a pet-friendly morning that incorporates principles of B.A.R.K. so humans and pet enjoy visits to parks. Join park naturalist Paulita Cousin for this special pet-friendly morning event to be outdoors for a walk and to meet animal rescue organizations in the area.
- 3-K B.A.R.K. Walk/Waddle/Wag – Registration
- Registration at Blackwater Falls Trading Post for a 3-K B.A.R.K. walk.
- We’re on the boardwalk to the falls while following B.A.R.K. code of ethics.
- Animal Friends of Doggy Sods will be on site with a couple of adoptable pets.
- The First ever 3-k B.A.R.K. Walk/Waddle/Wag. The 3K (a little less than 2 miles) Walk/Waddle/Wag begins from Pendleton Point and ends at Pendleton Point. Dogs and their humans will make the loop and prizes will be given at the conclusion of the event.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Best Dressed Owner/Dog look alike
- Overall Best in B.A.R.K.
- First Place and some tail wagging surprises
Pets are permitted on leash in West Virginia’s state parks and forests. Areas have pet-friendly lodge rooms and cabins. Campgrounds allow dogs on leash with B.A.R.K. pet-friendly conduct principles in mind.
Falls Paws is one of the B.A.R.K. in the Park activities in 2019 at many WV State Parks. Email Paulita.L.Cousin@wv.gov for details about Falls Paws at Blackwater Falls State Park.Book Now
- Start Date: April 27, 2019