- This event has passed.
Cardboard & Duct Tape Sled Race
February 27 @ 10:00 am
Join us for the 9th annual Blackwater Falls Cardboard & Duct Tape Sled Race. This year’s theme is Star Wars. To request a registration form, send an email to [email protected]
Make a sled of cardboard and duct tape able to withstand a race down the Blackwater Falls sled run. There are awards. Registration is 9:30-10:30 a.m. with the race to follow. The goal is to have super safe sledding fun.
Cardboard/Corrugated Cardboard: extremely hard cardboard such as carpet tubing not permitted.
Duct Tape: Any style, but must be less than 50 percent of the total design of sled.
Paint used for decorative purposes only.
Bicycle helmet required for all riders under the age of 14. Adults encouraged to wear a helmet.
The sled needs a Team Name.
Family Friendly design and attitude
Construction materials not permitted: glue, resin, staples, plastic, string, tape or other supplies. Must be only cardboard and duct tape! Get Creative!!
- Tip Top Award to most theme based visually appealing sled to judges
- Spirit Award to team having the most ‘fun’ and sportsmanship
- Speed Award to the best overall team time on downhill descent
- $1/sled (5 team members or less).
- Open to all ages
- Time for sled not counted until all team members cross finish line; participants may not push or pull sled for the entire race.
- Helmets are not provided by park but each team member age 14 and under must wear a helmet during race.
- A team may be required to race more than once.
- No activities or pets permitted on hill during the race.
- A team must consist of 5 individuals or fewer.
- Must be able to demonstrate or verbalize how to stop sled.
- A registration form and waiver must be completed prior to race.
- All written and oral rules and regulations apply to participants and spectators.
Book a cabin for the weekend. Come prepared to have a great time! May the force be with all participants and onlookers.
Reserve lodging online:Book Now